- Red box graham crackers - yes, you can use other brands and varieties but the original Nabisco Grahams are my preference.
- Soft ice cream. For our first attempt we used Dairy Queen soft serve for its simplicity.
- Break the graham crackers into halves.
- Spread the ice cream on half of the crackers and top with the other half.
- Place them on a cookie sheet and place into the freezer until hard set.
- When hard frozen, place them into freezer bags and return to the freezer until ready to eat.
Our next batch will also include a layer of chocolate ice cream topped with another graham cracker.
Don't worry about making the ice cream sandwiches look neat, they taste great no matter how they look.
The softer the ice cream the easier to spread on the crackers.